Affiliate marketing is the way of promoting others’s product or services from your own website or blog. Affiliate marketers are get paid with affiliate commission on every successful purchase of any products and services.
Many online companies who sell products such as shoes, web-hosting space or any service, offer an affiliate program. You can simply sign up for the program and get your unique tracking link. Now, whenever you are writing about the product, you can simply use this special tracking affiliate link to recommend the company’s site, and if your readers buy anything, you will get a commission.
Following are some of the common terms associated with affiliate marketing:
- Publishers like you and me who are using affiliate program links to promote and make sales.
- There are many marketplaces like and which work as central databases for affiliate programs in different niches.
- Software used by companies to create an affiliate program for their product, for example:
- Special tracking link offered by your affiliate program to track the progress of your affiliate promotion.
- Similar to the affiliate link, but many affiliate programs offer a unique ID which you can add to any page of the product site.
- Different affiliate programs offer different methods of payment. For example: check, wire transfer, and many more.
- Many companies have dedicated affiliate managers to help publishers to earn more by giving them optimization tips.
- The amount or percentage you will be receiving in affiliate income from every sale.
- This is a great way of making money from an affiliate program. With this method you recommend that others join affiliate programs, and you receive a commission when a sub-affiliate makes a sale, (similar to MLM or multi-level marketing.) This income is popularly known as
- A unique product sales or demo page used for the purpose of increasing sales. Most of the programs that you will be promoting have many landing pages, and you can to see which pages convert best for you.
- Unlike a generic affiliate account, many companies offer custom affiliate income to people making the most affiliate sales for them.
- Most of the affiliate tracking links are ugly. Using a link clocking technique like URL shorteners, etc., you can turn ugly links into links that can be read and understood by your readers.
- Many programs allow affiliates to create custom coupons which are also used to track sales. Custom discount coupons help you to as well.
Affiliate marketing is a very competitive field and people are always coming up with new techniques. Try to stay Up to Date with the new techniques and market trends otherwise you will fall behind.